Monday, November 28, 2011

Police State at the Space Center

Security check at the entrance to space center Houston.  As I'm leading my three year old niece to the entrance. "Do you have any weapons, pepper spray or mace?"

Metal detectors at the tram ride with armed security goons.

Inspirational sales pitch at the Kraft mission control center by some junior space man in shorts.
"And yes it cost a lot of money but that doesn't really exist so I don't count that."
"Why because we just decided to do it."

Even had an inspirational speach set to music from GA bush at the fallen astronaut grove of trees.

The Saturn 5 rocket was awesome but I'll try not to go back.  My understanding is you can go back to the rocket park and see the Saturn 5 without paying or going through any police state hassles aside from telling the gate guard where you're going.

It's painful out there.

No comments: